A delicious mix of flavours that demand a second serving. A rub of finely ground espresso, sugar and spices make the meat very tender and scrumptious, while a chimichurri sauce is a refreshing addition.
Serves or Makes: 30 entrées
|30-35||Carve™ Premium Ontario Beef Teres Major|
|1/4 cup||Finely ground espresso (or 3 tbsp. instant espresso powder)|
|1/4 cup||Chili powder|
|2 tbsp.||Garlic powder|
|1/4 cup||Brown sugar|
|1/4 cup||Canola oil|
|To taste||Salt and pepper|
|1 cup||Olive oil|
|2 tsp.||Red pepper flakes|
|3 tsp.||Fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)|
|1/4 cup||Lime juice|
|2 tbsp.||Red wine vinegar|
- In a small pot gently heat olive oil.
- Add garlic cloves and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes. (Remove garlic cloves and allow oil to cool.)
- Put cilantro, parsley, garlic from olive oil, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes into a blender or food processor
- Stream in garlic infused olive oil until it creates a sauce consistency.
- If serving right away, add lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- The sauce should be held, do not add acid until service to preserve the vibrant green colour.
Coffee-Rubbed Teres Major
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Sear meat in a saute pan with a small amount of oil on all sides.
- Rub teres majors with spice mixture and finish roasting in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until beef reads 140 degrees Fahrenheit on the meat thermometer.
- Allow meat to rest before thinly slicing.
Recipe by Chef Nicole Puffer. Find her on Facebook here.